News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need gear for OOP 0-6-0 any ideas?

Started by G. I. Dampier, November 28, 2010, 03:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. I. Dampier

I have an older model of Bachmann's 0-6-0 which in those days had square tender, not this slope back one. It came in Bachmann's yellow and black case. The main gear between the worm and middle driver gear is stripped! >:( Any ideas if the newer model 0-6-0 gear will work? ???

skipgear

Which of the 5 or so different frame styles is it? Does it have tender pickup?

I think the parts from the version with the sandwich style frame (2 metal outer plates screwed to a plastic inner frame) will work with the new split frame parts but I'm not totaly sure. If it isn't the sandwich frame or the split frame version, I don't bother with them.

The latest split frame version runs excellent. It may just be time to upgrade to the new version. You should be able to use your existing shell and tender on the new parts if you need to preserve a special road name.

Just to show what can be done with the latest version......

Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

G. I. Dampier

I thinks its the split frame. The gears are the leftside which are flush with the drivers.The siderods and the piece that holds the eccentrics in place is meta;.

skipgear

That is not the split frame. It sounds like the original first version. Your probably better off with the new loco.

Go to here to check out the versions.....

http://www.visi.com/~spookshow/bach262.html
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950