Bachmann Large Scale James Pic Found

Started by James The Red Engine, November 30, 2010, 02:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James The Red Engine

While searching Google, I came across a Large Scale James pic.  Sadly his wheels are still gray. :(

PasqualeCS96

No the wheels are black, look up the vid. on youtube

James The Red Engine

Cheeky_ULP

They're not grey in that picture either.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: Sparks on November 30, 2010, 05:03:33 PM

Yea, They are black in that picture
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

PasqualeCS96

If Bachmann made their LS James like this, then why not the HO one? by that I mean the smokebox, wheels, couplings etc.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on November 30, 2010, 07:31:20 PM
If Bachmann made their LS James like this, then why not the HO one? by that I mean the smokebox, wheels, couplings etc.
It'd take time to reincorporate that design into a smaller scale. Sadly something that can't be done within a few weeks.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: SodorAdventures on November 30, 2010, 05:36:46 PM
Quote from: Sparks on November 30, 2010, 05:03:33 PM

Yea, They are black in that picture

I think we got that. It is easy to tell because the axle boxes (?) on the sides of his tender are black, which indicates wheel color change.

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on November 30, 2010, 07:31:20 PM

I've said that enough to almost wear it out. I wish it would happen, but I guess I'll have to stick with butchering my James.

PasqualeCS96

But the thing is you guys can do that within a day ( Im not a modeler, I have no clue how to do it ) so why cant Bachmann do it within days?

JD417

well this is a whole production line, moddelers just have to do one model while bachmann does... idk how many :-[ :D but at least dozens  :P

PasqualeCS96

I know Im juyst sayin....but anyways Ive always wondered how Bachmann makes their trains in the production lines.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 01, 2010, 04:27:31 PM
But the thing is you guys can do that within a day ( Im not a modeler, I have no clue how to do it ) so why cant Bachmann do it within days?
Because if I recall correctly, models are designed on computers, and then they have to constantly make sure the prototype is operational, and acceptable by the community. Basically, it's a long process to actually design the product, then get it ready for the Chinese assembly lines.

This is just an assumption though based on how Dapol designed their N Scale "Terrier," and how Heljan is designing their Metropolitan Vicars.

JD417

THATS RIGHT! heljans making BoCo's Prototype! still going to get that for BoCo MK2  :)

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: JD417 on December 01, 2010, 07:53:54 PM
THATS RIGHT! heljans making BoCo's Prototype! still going to get that for BoCo MK2  :)
If I recall correctly dont you already have a BoCo model?

JD417