Novice - How do I wire EZ Track Switches ?

Started by DJP329, November 29, 2010, 10:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJP329

I got the EZ Track Set with 4 switching tracks, 4 black switches, and 4 sets of green wires.  I can't figure out how they are to be wired to work.  I have the EZ Command controller and the Analog Bachmann controller that came with my ON30 Christmas set.   Surprised that there are no instructions in the box--only on how to hook up EZ track.

Looking at the switch itself there is a green wire with a female socket which I assume goes into one of the physical switches which have two - two male ends and one three male end.  I am assuming that one of my four green wires that has a female end that accepts a three prong male connects to the physical switch.  If this is correct I now have the track wire connected to one two prong male on the physical switch and the female end of the green wire (unattached) now attached to the physical switch.  That leaves me with one two end male connector on the physical switch unattached to anything (does that connect to the opposite switch track so you open or close the pair of switch tracks with one physical switch ?) and the male end of the green wire unconnected to anything (I've looked at the controller and don't see where it would connect). Can someone explain to me in very simple explicit (kind of like connect the two prong male end to the two prong female ----) so I can set this up correctly.  Thanks

DJP329

Sorry, the "gang everything together" just doesn't make sense to me as I'm completely new to this.  Can someone explain exactly which wires go where ? 

Any help would be appreciated -

Thanks

OldTimer

He means to connect the control boxes together, side by side....then connect the  fixed (or accessory) AC from the power pack to the control box on the end (left).  Then wire each box to one turnout with the three wire cable.  Bachmann publishes a very nice book that explains all about working with EZ Track....and has plans for several layouts.  Your Local Hobby Shop should have it.  Good Luck.
OldTimer
Just workin' on the railroad.

DJP329

Thank you ! Now it makes sense -

Regards,

Doug Palmeri