News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mr. Bachmann - here's a Heisler to produce

Started by ksivils, October 23, 2010, 08:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksivils

This is a classic Heisler, still in operation today on the Sumpter Valley operation where she spent most of her original career hauling logs.

The link below will take you to the photo.

http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,171922

Bachmann could sell a lot of these.

As much as I like the Westside Heislers, this one would have as much appeal in my opinion.  It would be popular with On3 guys as well who would convert it from On30 to On3.

Tomcat

Yeah, this would be "my choice" as well, if it´s not a Westside Heisler.
Isn´t that more or less, the Fn3 Scale Model...?

It´s more modern, chunky and well.... Go ahead... Build us one, Bachmann!

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Tomcat

oooops... Jiiiiiiinxed it again... (****... :(   )

Would make my day to know if there is already a  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D in the tube...

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

J.A.M.

steinked

Dear Mr. Bachmann,

make our day and give us what we are yearning for since ... !

Assuming "geared toothing aches":  I am in mechanical engineering and cannot imagine, what would be so difficult in develloping and producing a reliable gear - especially not on a global market. Sorry, but focus on customer satisfaction looks different.

Kind Regards

Dieter Steinke
Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

ChrisS

just read that nwsl has shay replacement metal gearsets on sale... $26

okiecrip

i  will by a heisler i have one of every on30 bach. makes with sound
gary wise

Tomcat

I do have a tiny little Heisler here, a conversion from the Rivarossi/AHM HO engine using Keith Wiseman´s On30 conversion kit, a former Dale Darney production. Dale has done a great job and I´m happy since Keith did buy these old icons to re-introduce them step by step.

It´s a really nice, good looking lokie; well nothing chunky but a really lil´gem.

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Royce Wilson

That little Heisler from Keith builds into a nice little engine. I remember building one when Dale Darney still offered it under the V&T shops. Keith has done very good work reintroducing old kits and in most cases he has actually made the kit better.

Royce ::)

Tomcat

Definitely Royce, Keith has done a great job with these classics. The old V&T Heisler and the reintroduced Wsm kit have very delicate cab sides, but Keith already had given me advice to add some kind of metal plate behind the cab sides to make this a bit more robust. I have painted my lil´ Heisler a bit "Westside" style with yellow lettering, though... It´s the old Rivarossi frame underneath, so it gnarls a bit, well....

Cheers, Tom :D :D :D

Gunslinger_Fur

A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".

Royce Wilson

Gunslinger, now you got our attention. thats a pretty little Heisler!!

Royce