EZ Track Motorized Turntable update

Started by jgaynor, December 02, 2010, 07:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgaynor

Hey bachmann
I'm just looking for an update on the motorized turntable, when should we expect to see it. I'm planning on doing a kit bash for the Tidmoth Shed. Also is there copies of the owners manual on the website yet I want to do research on how it works with DCC and if I'll need to buy a decoder for it or could you tell me which type I should buy

Thanks
I do it all for the love of my son Cameron

the Bach-man

Dear JG,
We used ours at recent shows by addressing our regular decoder to address 9. Then use the throttle and directional controls to operate the table.
It has a great indexing mechanism.
I'll announce their arrival here.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jgaynor

does the decoder have to be a loco decoder or an accessory decoder

Jim Banner

By "regular" decoder, I believe Mr. B means a locomotive decoder.  That sounds like a good deal to me:
- you can control not only the direction the table turns but its speed as well.
- you have two extra on/off outputs.
        - one of those outputs could switch the lighting on and off,  either the lights on the turntable bridge or in the roundhouse or both.
        - the other on/off output could turn the power to the turntable and roundhouse tracks on and off via a relay.
- locomotive decoders are cheap and easy to find.  They may even be free if you use an old one that you have upgraded.  If does not take a sophisitcated decoder to run a turn table.

I you don't want to buy a decoder for the turn table, it sounds like it will work if connected to the valiable dc (aka "track output") of a regular power pack. 

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Jim's right, and in addition, the functions of address 9 can be used to control eight DCC switches.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jgaynor

I am using a MRC Prodigy Advanced2, Any suggestion on what decoder would work best possibly a MRC decoder or TCS