News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I need help! (a LOT of help)!

Started by Merryl227, December 04, 2010, 04:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merryl227

I'm searching for battery operated track (that what the hobby store told me).  We have the battery operated size G train.  A curved part of the track broke.  All I want to do is replace that ONE piece of track and maybe get a few others just in case.  I have call hobby stores and looked on Ebay and can only find electric track.  Should I just give up and wait till next year and ask Santa for a new train?  I have two little kids and we are thinking of having more so I dont want electric track (they like to lick stuff). 

Thanks!

Sleeping Bear

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIONEL-G-SCALE-PLASTIC-TRACK-NEW-/330504597858?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item4cf39bf162    This a link to some plastic track on ebay -go to toys/hobbies-----modelRR/trains---------G scale -----and search track----read a few descriptions, there is a lot of plastic track that isn't labeled as such, also make sure of the brand that you have so it will be compatible. If you follow the link above, when it comes up, click on G scale in the search results then search track. This item was the first on the list that came up for me.   Hope this is some help.....S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

Loco Bill Canelos

If Ebay doesn't work out and if what you need is one piece of curved track that is all plastic and it it part of a Bachmann Train set.  I can send you one free just for the cost of shipping.    Be sure what you have is a Bachmann set. 

My email is not locked so email me offline and I will do my best to help!!

Loco (Gramps) Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Merryl227

You two are AWESOME!!!
It is a Buchmann train.  It was my brother's and he gave it to my son.  It's got to be 20 years old!
I did the search for Buchmann and they look electric.  Would a Buchmann G train fit on a Lionel G track?  As you can tell I'm not a hobbyist in trains!

Thanks again!

ThinkerT

Yep, Bachmann large scale trains will run on Lionel large scale track.  It does not matter if the track is metal (electrified) or plastic.  Quite a few folks will buy the battery operated large scale stuff (of all brands) and turn the trains loose on their metal G scale track.

Doneldon

Merryl-

It doesn't matter whether you have metal (for wall power) or plastic track since your train runs on batteries.  You will find, however, that the plastic track is cheaper.  You'll have to look for it on ebay or such like as nobody is making these anymore.  What you have is very likely made by New Brite.  Their track is all over ebay.  If you don't have a good fit or you end up with different ends on your tracks you can glue them with plastic cement.  Don't put more than two or three sections together, however, because it's too easy to break longer pieces.  Good luck with yur track and your train.
                                                                                                                                                                 -- D