Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

News on Emily!

Started by Chazoroni, June 06, 2007, 08:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamFiend_633

Yes, I was quoting Thomas!

The Chaz Storm

Well seeing as now Emily is confirmed and ready I am guessing most of us might not talk about Emily now I am assuming right?  Well I can say this as my thought, I am gonna make a new topic called "The news discussion" sense it seemed to be appropriate because everything with Emily is cleared, we saw a picture and we know when she is coming out for sure. :) 

Besides its time that we talked about the first and last characters by Wilbert Awbry which are none other then Edward and Mavis. ;)  Along with the rolling stock, and of course lets not forget possibly in October we will find out about new items that may be announced at the ihobby show. ;) 

FPT

Beatle (TrainBrain)

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

sodorlad

Hey Chaz and co!

My two cents: it's been a while:

Emily looks FANTASTIC, cannot wait to buy her.

However, she's not worth the delay, and excuse after excuse can be made, but all that has been needed throughout this entire shambles is an apology.

bachmann should think about delaying their announcements instead, or risk poor service and narked off customers.

However, hyporitically or not, i will be puchasing the item as she really is fab.
Botheration...

The Chaz Storm

I've already preordered her from towerhobbies.com so I should get her in December.  ;D

Also like I said I am happy that Emily came in all and the delay of course didn't sound so promising but I am glad that the model is done and we got it out of our system.

Beatle (TrainBrain)

Last time I ordered Thomas locos (Gordon and Henry), it was through Norm's Train World...

I may not do that again because when I saw Henry, he was in the Bachmann packageinh, ON HIS SIDE, with one broken little plastic thing. Nothing bad, still ran perfect, and we glued the thing back on. I think I'll use my other dealer this time ;)!

I can garuntee it was the shippers, not Norm's :P.

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

The Chaz Storm

Funny thing was was that when I got my Henry from Norms the face actually came out, but it is fine now....

PerfectPercy

I was at a train fair once and saw that on a Henry with his face popped out. It was different. :P ;D

Michael

I was looking at the picture of Emily and correct me if I am wrong, but is her engine on chassis and no bogies?

Mr Tickle

I'm sure she must have bogies (in the wheel sense, not the nasal sense), otherwise she'd have a little trouble with curves..!

Michael

Quote from: Mr Tickle on November 11, 2007, 06:59:10 AM
I'm sure she must have bogies (in the wheel sense, not the nasal sense), otherwise she'd have a little trouble with curves..!
haha  :D  nice one.   Yeah, your right.  I wonder if she'll take 15" raidius curves. 

PRRThomas11

PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

Michael

a bogie is the wheels that swivel and keep the engine sort of articulated.

PRRThomas11

O, I've never heard that. Is that a european term or something?
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World"