News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

compatible parts

Started by jhoyos, November 24, 2010, 08:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhoyos

Hello friends.

I want to build a train and I've seen some parts that I could shape my first set. The first is the expansion set: "YOUR FIRST RAILROAD TRACK PACK (HO SCALE) Nickel Silver Track." The second is this locomotive, "Gauge HO USRA Light 2-10-2 - DM & IR DCC On Board (USRA Light 2-10-2
Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range # 511 Also known as Santa Fe class) "and the third the speed control:" EZ Command ® Digital Command Control System - Product code 44902. "I wonder if they are compatible and what makes me a vital part missing (besides cars) to make my train ride.

I apologize if my English is not very good. I live in Cali, Colombia and in my country not many people fond of electric trains. I want to make a good buy, but first of all be sure of what I buy, because an error or a change can be costly or difficult to solve.

Thank you to guide me in this purchase. If one of these parties is not compatible, maybe can suggest a similar or lower price to achieve my goal successfully.

Greetings

the Bach-man

Dear Jhoyos,
Although the items are all compatible, you might be better off with a smaller loco, like a 2-8-0. The 2-10-2 is a little big for 18" radius.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

bobwrgt

If you have the room try to purchase and use 22 inch radius curve track. Then you can run just about any engine in HO. You will be happy you did.

Bob

RAM

As Bachman said.  The 2-8-0 is a great place to start.  It is a locomotive that can be used in any kind of service.  I think you would be happy with it. 

4-8-4unionpacific

What radius curve should be used for a 4-8-4?

simkon

Quote from: 4-8-4unionpacific on November 28, 2010, 01:56:15 PM
What radius curve should be used for a 4-8-4?
22" radius is the minimum per the manufacturer, preferably at least 24" to be safe. As long as you don't use 18" radius you will be okay.

4-8-4unionpacific

Because I bought the HO scale Bachmann Overland that comes with a 4-8-4 Union Pacific and was wondering what radius curve I needed.By the way.Does Bachmann sell replacment draw bars for tenders?I moved about a year ago and couldn't find the draw bar cause it broke of my tender that came with the Overland.

jhoyos

Thanks a the Bach-man, bobwrgt and ram for your answers. I learned a lot and your answers have helped.

For personal reasons I left the forum and I walked not in my plan any purchase of a train. So my silence too. Today I return to resume, and knowing that better start with a 2-8-0 locomotive. I gave up for now buying a larger locomotive. A while ago I read in another forum thread something about the controls of the "turnout" of set "." I do not know nothing about it and was wondering if I should take into account (only if required) or additional equipment somewhere in my purchase. As a final question, and perhaps Bach-man can help me, I'm quoting shipping costs of the 2-8-0, the track pack and command my country and I ask to know size and weight. And I do not know. It is very presumptuous of me if someone can give me that information?
Bye