News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C&S green

Started by MountAiryBob, December 09, 2010, 01:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountAiryBob

I want to repaint several passenger cars that I got as part of a Dept 56 On30 set to match other Colorado and Southern cars that I have.    I have been unsuccessful in matching the green color with anything I have found at any local hobby shops here in Maryland.   Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?  thanks,  Bob

Royce Wilson

Bobb, are you a member of any of the Yahoo groups for On30?
that would be a good question to post there. I once remember the Bachmann responding to a post years ago about the black used on the On30 engines and that Krylon black satin was a good match...good luck!

Yahoo groups

On30
On30 conspiracy
On30group
On3

Royce ;D

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
I did the prototypes with Floquil Pullman Green, which should be close.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

MountAiryBob

Thanks for the suggestions.   I will get some Pullman green and give it a try. :)

Larry Green

Many Floquil colors come in spray cans; I think pullman green is one of them. My local shops don't stock the cans, so I buy them online--go to the Testors web site.

Larry

lvrr325

Might be better off if you only want one can to try to convince a local shop to order some.  I think they still come dealer pack in threes.  The problem is USPS won't ship paint, so it has to go UPS or FedEx, which usually is not cost-effective to ship just one small item with - whereas if your hobby guy is placing an order with one of his distributors, he pays that shipping anyways when it comes with a bunch of other stuff.