News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Collectors Club

Started by tlm2505, June 08, 2007, 08:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlm2505

Bachmann UK runs a collectors club with a magazine, regular updates and regular specially commissioned limited edition locomotives and stock (www.bachmann.co.uk and click on the collectors club link).  As I model exclusively US HO the British version is not really of interest. I wonder if Bachmann US has a similar collectors' club and if so could anyone point me in the direction of a link or details.

Many thanks

tlm2505
Gateshead
UK

lanny

Hi,

I personally am not aware of a specific "US Bachmann Collectors' Club" ... there may be a such a thing, however. Maybe Mr. Bach Man knows of such a group?

OTOH, there are many RR specific 'clubs' or groups of individuals modeling a specfic US railroad (or Canadian RR) and sharing advice, etc. as such.

For example, I model Illinois Central RR roughly from the early 1940s to mid 1950s. There are several ICRR modeling groups such as the 'IC-Forum' that can be accessed through Yahoo. Lots of IC specific models (Bachmann, Atlas, Athearn, etc, etc,) and good advice there can be found there.

Perhaps that might be the best way for you to get 'collector' info on Bachmann trains ... find a large model rr group (using 'google') and then see if there is a 'sub group' that deals with collecting Bachmann trains.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler