News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Switch's or Turnout's

Started by GN.2-6-8-0, December 13, 2010, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN.2-6-8-0

where would i find switch's or Turnout's for the William's O scale trains,they seem not to be listed here surely they are producing them eh'  ;D
Rocky Lives

Joe Satnik

Dear GN,

O-Gauge tubular,

O-27 tubular, or

attached roadbed style as seen in the Keystone Express or Santa Fe Flyer sets?

Joe
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

phillyreading

I would look for Atlas switches or Ross custom switches as I think these switches have better quality than most other brands of switches. The only drawback is that you will need to buy adapter pins for the track.

Personally I have had little if any success with the newer Lionel O gauge switches made after post war 022 switches.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

I seems there have been issues with Big L's special tracks for 0-31.  Seems the big issues are the remote control tracks and the )=72 switches.

phillyreading

Quote from: GN.2-6-8-0 on December 13, 2010, 08:19:38 PM
where would i find switch's or Turnout's for the William's O scale trains,they seem not to be listed here surely they are producing them eh'  ;D

So far Williams by Bachmann isn't making any switches that I know of. You must buy another brand of switch to use with Williams track. If the track looks like it is round on the top of the rails, there is a good chance it is tubular style track, similar to the old LIonel 031 tracks. If it has a square or rectangular look, it is most likely Atlas O gauge track, and Atlas switches should work with no problems at all.

Lee F.