News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Great little narrow gauge 2-6-2T

Started by ksivils, January 06, 2011, 10:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksivils

This link will take you to a great little narrow gauge locomotive built by Baldwin.

It would make a great prototype for Bachmann to produce.

http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/file.php?1,file=13093

darryl1936

That's a nifty looking engine and I would be interested in one if some company built one at a reasonable price.

TOF in Hawaii

Anubis

There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

Hamish K

Has any one any details about this loco?

Hamish

LurchBird

ksivils (A real name would be helpful),
If you search the forums here, you'll find a number of posts (a number by Hamish and me) about 2-6-2T prototypes, and the call for Bachmann to make a model. You have a real find here!

Here is more information:
http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,178610,178610#msg-178610

Thanks for sharing!
Mark Fuller

kcsivils1

LurchBird

Quote from: kcsivils1 on January 07, 2011, 11:42:32 PM
Kevin Sivils is my real name :)

Thanks again Kevin for the link. I'm a regular on the ngdiscussion.net board, but have been pretty busy this week (year end processing!), and did not see that thread. It is a very cool locomotive and would be right up Bachmann's alley with the previous Brazil and other South of the Border locomotives they have produced. Oh, and that big stack as well!   :o

Mark Fuller

Hamish K

Thanks Kevin for posting this loco and Mark for the link with information on it Lovely little loco. Baldwin made quite a few outside frame 2-6-2t side tanks including the Puffing Billy NA class (Australia), a loco that ran in Hawaii, this one and probably several others..They vary a bit in size and details but all share the same general appearance.The Large Scale Lynn loco (prototype ran on Britain), although a 2-4-2t also is of similar appearance. So I agree it would make a good model with fairly wide applicability. Personally I would mot mind which particular prototypel was chosen, but then my line is freelance, although based on Australian practice. I suspect, if made, Bachmann would market it as a catalogue loco, not a specific prototype.

Hamish

NarrowMinded

Hey I like that Loco, looks a lot like my americanized G-scale "Lyn"

NM