News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Durango And Silverton Running Backwards

Started by James The Red Engine, December 05, 2010, 01:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James The Red Engine

Dear Mr. the Bach-man,
Just recently I received the Durango And Silverton Large scale set.  Now I must say this is a great model, but I have one problem with it.  When I run the locomotive with Thomas and Percy it runs backwards.  There's a direction behind the smokebox door, but it's missing.  Any help would really be appreciated.

-James

NarrowMinded

Check for a switch on the back of the loco maybe under a clip that holds it from moving.
Had one of these for a short time and it had a switch at the back with a red holder clipped over it I just don't remember what that switch was for sure.

NM

Doneldon

James-

If the missing switch doesn't help (duh) you can just reverse the polarity of the wires going to the motor.

-- D

Mark Oles

My son has a Percy that runs in the opposite direction of the 'standard' g-scale equipment.  It was really easy to swap the power pick on on percy.  You might want to change your Thomas and Percy that way if you get more motive power, you won't have issues.   

StanAmes

Quote from: James The Red Engine on December 05, 2010, 01:01:14 PM
Dear Mr. the Bach-man,
Just recently I received the Durango And Silverton Large scale set.  Now I must say this is a great model, but I have one problem with it.  When I run the locomotive with Thomas and Percy it runs backwards.  There's a direction behind the smokebox door, but it's missing.  Any help would really be appreciated.

-James

Your Durango and SIlverton 4-6-0 should have a switch behind the smokebox door.  In one position it says LS and in the other position it says NMRA.  SImply move the switch to the NMRA position and all should be fine.

Stan Ames

Chuck N

I agree with Mark.  Thomas and Percy were wired to NMRA polarity.  All other manufacturers of large scale engines are wired with opposite polarity. 

You are going to have problems as you add to your locomotive roster if you buy any other manufacturers engines. 

My recommendation would be to rewire Thomas and Percy.  It isn't very difficult.  I did it on Thomas last year about this time.

Chuck N