News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Strasburg Railroad Set and Cars

Started by BillingsRR, December 16, 2010, 10:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Oles

I still like this idea for a roadname.  I've got about $200 worth of reasons.

N.H.&I.railfan

About two years back it was brought up by quite a few on this forum what a good idea a large scale Strasburg set would be. BachmannMan mentioned back then he'd approach the company with the idea but there's been no followup mention to that thread for about two years. Surely the decision makers at B Industries must have had the idea of a large scale Strasburg RR set run by them. Well Mr. B Man, are they giving it any consideration?
Afterall, Lionel has done quite well with their O gauge Strasburg set and add-on cars. They, as well as K-Line and MTH, have also done locomotives in o gauge which have been 3-railer's favorites and good sellers. (And there are those who even run these in o gauge garden layouts.) MTH has even noted it profitable to do an o gauge Strasburg RR tower. If B Industries would do customer research or even a simple survey in Garden Railway magazine they'd find many RR enthusiasts would seriously consider purchasing a large scale Strasburg RR set if one were available.
So how about it B Man? Is B Industries going to miss the boat (er, train) and see Arista or some other manufacturer do it and gobble up the profits to be made from its manufacture and sale?

JustBill

Quote from: Yardmaster on December 18, 2010, 12:31:57 PM
Better price point for the Strasburg gift stores and easier for the visitors to carry home.

As a recent vistor to Train Heaven (Strasburg), I did pick up my first G Scale set at the Strasburg Station. It fit fine for the ride home. I bought the Plainsman set. Could have picked up the Pennsylvanian set to get a PRR engine, but I really like hauling freight.

Mark Oles

Good timing.  Now that the 4-6-0 has been re-done again with metal gears, I'm even more tempted to get one.  All I need is a little push over the cliff.  A starter set with a boxcar, flat car and combine.   Even though 475 looks closer to the ETWNC 4-6-0,  I'd suggest lettering the loco for #90, just because its our favorite!! Dallee even makes a sound module (NYC whistle) that would fit perfectly..

This also fits your other G-scale line up, Thomas.   Strasburg trains regularly run side by side with that Blue engine...so you can cross over to your large scale line fairly easily...

N.H.&I.railfan

So, nothing ever came of this suggestion? Bachmann still makes nothing for the Strasburg Railroad in any scale?

Mark Oles

I think they gave us their answer in the form of "HO".

A friend of mine painted up a bunch of the Jackson and Sharp cars in G scale for his Thomas, Percy and custom built 2-10-0 to pull. They turned out really nice.
https://youtu.be/YG-jjK_ktsE

I would still buy a big hauler set painted for the SRC.  Maybe test the waters with a Strasburg boxcar?