News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

pickle cars

Started by subman, December 19, 2010, 07:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subman

Did Bachmann ever produce a pickle car with the 4 vats and if so would they still be available to buy? I know that they produced a covered pickle car with a low profile. Kinda like a covered gondola, but I can`t find these either from an internet source. Please don`t tell me eBay. I would use them as a definite last resort.

richg

There are one or two other companies that make them but no Bachmann so I cannot tell you who they are here.
Do a Google search. You will find them.

Rich

subman

Further research showed that they were produced from 1985 to 1990 & the vat car was actually a vinegar car. I know that they are to be re released by another large company but that will not be until late March (if you can believe their release date) and they are a solid color not 2 colors like the Bachmann vinegar cars were. I picked up one at the Tampa Train Show today and didn`t realize I had found a gem in the rough until I got home and tried to find another to go with it and the built up pickle factory I also bought. My car had metal wheels and a set of whisker #148 couplers in the sealed bag. All for $9.00.

richg

Save the below site to Favorites. He does not have them now but you never know what can come up at his site. He has tons of stuff stored away. I have been in contact with him and buy from him sometimes.

http://www.jaystrains.com/HO-HOn3/Locomotives/hosteam.htm

I also found some on ebay but you do not want to know that. I find most of my stuff at reasonable prices on ebay as I know how to find good prices and bid. Your mileage may vary.

Taking sometime to do a Google search will sometimes turn up want you want.
As an example, I have been wanting a Genesis 4-6-2 since Athearn/Roundhouse has cancelled the upgraded version and after a hour and a half of searching, I did find a vendor with a lttle older one for  reasonable price and shipping, one state away from me.

Rich