News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC question for santa

Started by johng, December 20, 2010, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johng

I have a Bachmann DCC train for my son for Christmas. If I want to get him another locomotive for his set does it also have to be a DCC loco?

Thanks
Happy Holidays

johng

Thanks Hunt.
I didn't word my question very well.
What I meant to ask was.... I have a DCC set (Acela N Scale - both controller and train are DCC). Can I run a non-DCC locomotive on the same set with the DCC controller?

JohnG

Doneldon

jg-

If you have a DCC controller and loco already, it probably makes the most sense to buy future equipment which is also DCC.  Even if your system will run a DC loco and your DC loco responds, remember that you can only control one non-DCC loco at a time, so additional DC locos would have to be parked on electrically switched off tracks or physically removed from the layout.  You've made a wise decision with the DCC equipment you have already purchased; why not just stay with the DCC?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    -- D

johng