News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0-6-0s dead over turnouts?

Started by xero1123, December 22, 2010, 12:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klunker

Well I just ground a frog down with a Dremel and my 0-6-0 now runs through it at a crawl. The problem is that the centre wheel of the 0-6-0 gets high centered on the frog and this prevents either the wheel in front of it or the wheel behind it from making contact.

You have to do two things. Deepen the grooves in the frog AND grind down the top of it in the middle and also where it ends just before meeting the hot rail. That way the centre wheel drops low enough to allow either of the other two to make contact.

By the way all three wheels of the 0-6-0 fit on the longer frogs of the #6 crossovers so the solution I used will not work on them. It simply won't run on them unless you charge at them with considerable speed.

klunker

Well I have now found that all the Bachmann DCC switches have a wire underneath that you can connect so you get power in the frog. Wasn't that simple? Yes but I only found out because I saw the info listed on the instructions for a remote non DCC switch. So I looked under my DCC switch and whaddayah know. The DCC instructions never even mentioned it.

branmas

please dont double post. it takes up space. you can just edit your last post. so please dont double post.

thomasj219

When the previous post is over a month old and you are saying something different it is ok to double post. Peole are only notified of a new post not a modification.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

branmas

Ooooooo. great, sorry. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ i guess i still i learner with this stuff