HD 95% back up, boy do I miss that 5%!

Started by engineerkyle, June 09, 2007, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

engineerkyle

Hi all,

A while back my hard drive crashed and I got a lot of good advice here on this forum as to how to restore it. THANKS to that advice, I'm all back up and running except for my Canon Zoombrowser program. I can't find the CD to install it.

I'd like to continue to share my projects like these new chemical storage tanks... but the only software I can come up with is a much older version of Zoombrowser that, as you can see,  leaves images under-exposed.

I guess I'll hafta contact Canon.

EK

pdlethbridge

Try the canon site, They always update their software. depending on your camera, they DO have it

renniks

EK

Go to http://www.photofiltre.com/       Download their free Photo Filtre V6 and see what you can do with it.

lanny

Hi Ek,

Sorry about the problem and sure glad you got 95% of it fixed, but from this novice photographer's viewpoint those are still awesome phots of your modeling skills. keep sending photos, they look great.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

engineerkyle

Quote from: renniks on June 10, 2007, 09:43:36 AM

EK

Go to http://www.photofiltre.com/       Download their free Photo Filtre V6 and see what you can do with it.

Nice tip! that looks like it's very good freeware. Now how to I get my movies from the camera to the PC?

Thanks again!

Paul M.

Nice oil tanks, by the way. How'd you make them?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

pdlethbridge

canon has the software at their site and it's free. Just look for your camera model.

engineerkyle

Quote from: Paul M. on June 11, 2007, 08:55:17 PM
Nice oil tanks, by the way. How'd you make them?

They are cardboard carpet tubes cut down and wrapped with finely corrugated cardboard. The tops are foam. They are coming along and I will post a couple pics here when they are finished.

The AC signage was downloaded off the Internet and printed on a PC printer. I make a lot of signs like that and give them heavy coats of glossy varnish when in place. Signs are one of the few things on my layout that are glossy.

YOU ALL COULD DO ME A FAVOR...

I made these tanks just like some earlier ones I discribed in this thread...

http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33614

Do you see the images?

Every time I review the thread all the photos are there. I do not understand this because the RailImages site where the pics resided  closed. I would expect the red X.

Thanks!

Kyle  8)

anoldrail

Kyle

Just went the Atlasrr form and reviewed your tank storage pics.  First off, the project itself is fantastic.  A great solution to a great idea.  Second, the pics are just fine, nice and sharp, clear and good distance. Porject score A++

Regards
Dick
Regards
Dick
Remember: Cornfield meets really mess up the corn

engineerkyle

Renniks

Thanks!

That French freeware you suggested is a vast improvement over ZoomBrowser. All things work together for good!

This project still is not done. Unlike all my previous pieces where I would steam ahead, not resting until finished, I am actually “putzing” on this one. Editing photos is getting fun and I am happy with the AC Storage Tanks so far.

Dick, you are too kind. I’ve got to wonder how you can see links to a site that is defunct?! I check the properties on those images and they clearly say RailImages.

engineerkyle

Happy Fathers Day!

The AC Storage Tanks are done, and here is how they look on the layout.

CHEERS!

Kyle