News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dcc engine to dc

Started by sbinning, December 23, 2010, 01:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris Everett

Jim Banner

It was a trick question.  None of them are towns.

Eyebrow is a village in Saskatchewan, population 135

Elbow is a village in Saskatchewan, population 294

Moose Jaw is a city in Saskatchewan, population 132,000

Saskatoon is the largest city in Saskatchewan, population 223,000

So now you know.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Kris Everett

WTierce1

Quote from: sbinning on December 23, 2010, 01:56:15 PM
I bought a train set that is a dc operation.  If I have a dcc equipped engine, what do I need to do to convert it to dc so I can run it.

If it is Bachmann, or any NMRA raed brand you shouldent have to mdo anything. just run it on DC.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

Jim Banner

Quote from: wtierce on December 27, 2010, 07:37:59 AM
If it is Bachmann, or any NMRA raed [SIC] brand you shouldent [SIC] have to mdo [SIC] anything. just run it on DC.

If I am interpreting correctly what I think you are trying to say, that would be true of Bachmann locomotives if the CVs were still set to their factory values.  However, sbinning does not tell us either the brand or how he acquired his locomotive so it is quite possible that CV29 has been programmed or reprogrammed to turn power source conversion off.  There is no NMRA requirement that power source conversion be turned on or even implemented in the decoder.  See the following link, particularly the table showing values for CV29, about half way down the page:
http://www.nmra.org/standards/DCC/standards_rps/rp922.html

And just a reminder that there is a Spell Check button at the bottom of the Post Reply page where you compose your messages.  A few seconds spent correcting your spelling pays back huge dividends in the understandability of your postings.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

ACY

Also there are decoders that are single mode decoders, so if he bought his locomotive used, it is possible to have a single mode decoder, but not likely. I have seen a few single mode sound decoders around, but don't really see any single mode decoders from back in the early to mid 90's around much any more.