Wish List New Roadnames for GP9's

Started by raider409, December 24, 2010, 05:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raider409

New roadname wish list for GP9's.  Chesapeake and Ohio (like Atlas) and Canadian National green/yellow paint scheme.  The CN units could be painted and the roadname and herald left off.  Water slide decals, (maybe team up with microscale decals) included Canadian National, Grand Trunk Western, and Central Vermont included with the engines as each road had the same paint scheme.  That way you cover three railroads at once, and make three separate modeling groups happy at one time.  ANY CHANCE?  By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.  What say 3rail?  Anything to look forwards to here?

Mike_AA9ZY

GP9's? Please fix the paint job on the Milwaukee Road version. It's so wrong!

I would like to see some fallen flag paint schemes on the F3 engines: Milwaukee Road Freight colors, CGW Deramus red, CB&Q Freight colors. I would also like to see a caboose made to match the fallen flag roads.

WBB, I think this would really be popular among us baby boomers. Hint, hint.

Happy Holidays!

DominicMazoch

The CGW red would also work for MKT and KCS!

Weaver did make express boxes for CN and GTW in that livery, so I cannot see why it could not be done for Geeps.  Or one powered, one dummy!

Mike_AA9ZY

tsched

This Boomer requests that the paint job also be fixed on the CNW unit.

And we need Illinois Central (NOT ICG) units in the orange and white scheme from 1970.

cpkoltz2002

A MIssouri Pacific in the robin's egg blue or the Jenks blue in the buzzsaw scheme and a light gray L&n with speed lettering would be nice.

Cobrabob8

Nickel Plate Road. I missed out on the last issue of this roadname.
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

Matt

Boston and Maine...Minuteman paint scheme

cpkoltz2002

Another suggestion.Toward the end of the Seaboard Air Line's existence,they painted their diesels lime green.Plus you could bring back the B&O's frieght scheme.

DominicMazoch

And if you do SP, do a SSW unit.  Or SP powered, SSW dummy.

OGReditor

DominicMazoch

How about a ARR GG1 ???  (You said ARR anything!)

OGReditor

I dearly love electrics, but I'll have to pass on a GG1 in Alaska RR livery. ;D

phillyreading

FYI
The GG-1's were built by, or for, the Pennsylvania railroad and later used by Amtrac and ConRail. All full size GG-1's are put to rest, hazardous materials inside the transformers, they have too many electrical problems to fix and would be cost prohibitive to repair for the real world.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

I knew the G's were used on the NEC.  I just wanted to give the OGR Ed. a bad time!