News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Annie steam chest

Started by mjltuk, November 21, 2014, 12:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjltuk

I'm stumped trying to get the lid/cover off the steam chest. This is an Annie with Walschaerts and the bigger steam chest, with non-slip effect on the top.

The exploded parts diagram shows that the top is a separate part that looks like its a push-fit. But it doesn't pull back out!

Am I missing a fixing screw or is there a special technique?

Many Thanks

mike

Kevin Strong

"Friendly persuasion" is the operative term. They're glued in place, though the ones I have here were attached only with very minimal glue, and could be coaxed off with a flat-headed jeweler's screwdriver gently prying the top off of the steam chest. Try one with a 1/8" or so blade, and insert it on either end of the steam chest and gently rotate the screwdriver to see if it pops loose. If that doesn't work, you might try taking the cylinder assembly off the chassis, and lightly tapping upwards from just below the lip of the lid.

Failing that, you can always use a razor saw right under the lip and cut them off.

Later,

K

mjltuk

Thanks very much Kevin.

I've been well trained in the kstrong school of thinking so that's exactly the options that I had identified - just a bit more patience needed then.