News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

After a year....

Started by ollie, June 10, 2007, 05:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ollie

It is been roughly a year since I got my first and single 2-8-0, there are plans for more of them. First I need to have a few samples of track. As living in Europe, I guess Peco is a close choise but I am waiting for the turnouts from Micro Engineering, as far I guess Peco turnouts look to small for a road where the bulk of motive power will be made of these 2-8-0.s.
The detailwork is pretty awesome, at least considering the price and the paint is great and it runs good. My plan is simply remove the road name on the tender and replace it with mine. Same thing will be done with its sisters when they will arrive to the new founded line. The engine sits on code H0 70 rail from Shinohara. The car is an old Matchbox car I have had since I was a kid.

I am looking also some matching kits to go along, though I love Colorado NG, my intention is try to stay away from it and also many of the models which has Colorado NG as prototype. I am eye balling at Walthers Soo Line station a a candidate. It is small enough to look good, having two with detail changes might look just great.

Yes, I am to get Moguls later on, but I am looking for some for me matching replacement cabs. also majority of the steamers will be wood burners, remember I am a finn and in Finland they used wood burners right to the very end of steam. With that onion stack the con, does resamble som of finnish narrow gauge steamers. One of them is running on a preserved road in Southwest of the country. It has inside frame, but not looking to much to details looking as a fair match...

The finnish Con with a passanger train More infoon this engine and the line: http://www.jokioistenmuseorautatie.fi

One of the major inspiration for the line actually comes from Sweden, not far from my house was a strting point for a short ore hauler, which after change of ownership transformed itself in to a log hauler, feeding a large paper mill at the coast with steady flow of fresh logs. The rail road ran mostly in remote ares from the more moutaineous west to the argicutural east before reaching the Baltic Sea.. The greatest part is that a 6 kilometer strech has been preserved, including the orginal shops, and stalls. Visiting that small hamlet is in very ways a flash back in time to the early thirties. Next to the yard is an old blast furnace which is being renovated and open for a guided tour.

For more info on the very beginning of this project:
http://www.olaviahokas.com/riofanguso