News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

B-23/B-30-7 GE needs tweaking!

Started by Albert in N, December 31, 2010, 12:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert in N

I have two, one MP and the other Santa Fe.  They both run great and are priced economically.  However, minor tweaking would make this a nicer locomotive that would probably sell better.  First, the couplers need to be adapted where it is easier to upgrade to MicroTrains operating couplers.  Right now, it is nearly impossible due to the design.  Additionally, the front headlight bulb (or LED) is placed back into the cab where it does NOT shine bright enough for a good headlight.  It would be nice for the numberboards to have white letters on black, instead of clear numbers on black.  Since the handrails are glued to the cab sides, it is very hard to get to the front cab numbers from behind to lightly add white paint.  The Bachmann parts list shows old-style light bulbs, but these units seem to have LEDs.  Sure, I can spend a lot of effort to move the headlight source forward and add white paint behind the number boards, but why not make it right the first time?  Since these units (like the FM that I own) are meant for serious modelers, help us stay with Bachmann instead of going elsewhere for good diesel locomotives in N scale.