News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WALTHERS Y3 HELP NEEDED

Started by darticus, January 02, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darticus

Got a new Y3 for xmas but not having any luck getting it running. Using a digitrax Zephyr Xtra DCC Unit but can't get the loco to do anything. I have it set to 03 loco but no response. Can someone advise me. maybe its not on factory 03. Trying to read the manual but can't concentrate now. Thanks Ron

skipgear

Answered your e-mail....here it is for others

If it is new and is the DCC/Sound version. Factory default is 3. If it is not responding to 3, look in the manual for the factory decoder reset, usually CV8 = 8.

If it is the DCC/Sound version, it should be making sounds even if you are not addressing it.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

darticus

Thanks for getting back so fast. I did find the problem. I had it on 03 but no sound and no running. I used the reset magnet heard a click heard reset and it seems fine.  Do you mean if it was on another channel like 10 you would hear sound anyway? Maybe it shifted reed switch during shipping. Thanks Ron

Quote from: skipgear on January 02, 2011, 05:02:06 PM
Answered your e-mail....here it is for others

If it is new and is the DCC/Sound version. Factory default is 3. If it is not responding to 3, look in the manual for the factory decoder reset, usually CV8 = 8.

If it is the DCC/Sound version, it should be making sounds even if you are not addressing it.