News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Building a Bridge

Started by rogue, January 03, 2011, 06:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue

Hello,

My name is Mike and I am new to the train hobby industry.  I bought the Buchmann Alaska train set and some extra track over Christmas.  I have set it up in the shape of the "dogbone" as shown in the back of the box.  Recently I added some more strait track to increase the size and some turnouts in order to get a strait section across the gap created by the two curves. 

I am now thinking about adding a bridge across the middle of the track.  Currently I am using the EZ track since I move around a lot.  Are there any bridges that are compatible with the EZ track system?  Should I just get a bunch of strait track and add trestles under it?  Are trestles compatible with EZ track?

Thanks!

robcope

I actually bought a simple tressell bridge and removed the track that was in the center.  I took a 4 1/2 inch piece of E-Z track, painted it brown and glued it in place.  It doesn't fit exactly, but you can't tell unless you know it has been modified.  Hope that helps.

skipgear

You can use any of the Atlas C80 bridges with EZ Track. At the point you want the bridge, cut away the EZ track locking clip and allignment pin. Use standard C80 rail joiners to attach the Atlas bridge to the Bacmann track. The Atlas bridges come in 5" lengths so they will mesh well with the Bachmann track system. If you want to make something that maintains the EZ track lock system, solder a couple of 2.5" EZ track pieces to the Atlas bridge and you will end up with a 10" piece of EZ track with a bridge in the middle.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950