News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Closing

Started by mudhen, January 05, 2011, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

Say it's not so, I buy a lot of my railway stuff from Ridgeroad Station and I just heard its closing in a few months. We have lost 2 hobby stores in southern Ontario this year alone.
It's true that hobbies are the first to go when times get hard.
That would be my guess why new engines are far and few between.

mf5117

yes and there is so much available on the internet . I like my LHS very well but it's a drive , but the internet is so much more convenient for me . I feel bad some times because I know it keeps their store open . I got quoted a price for a larger scale  locomotive , he knew he could beat and save me money . Didn't happen, I found it online for about 35% cheaper online , and where I bought this locomotive online I've came to do alot of business with them .

I have a question , due we deal with the owners taste who owns the store or do the vender's send what available

regards mf5117

BillingsRR

The hobby has been in decline for a while, but on one of David Lettermen's shows he was premoting the hobby. He said something like "if you have a small kid and they have any intrest in trains, build a small model railroad". He also told Will Smith's wife to start a family railroad aswell. Hopefully his attempt to help the hobby did.

I do a lot of business on eBay now. I just got 3 passenger cars for $75 total. At Strasburg RR's hobby shop you can get one coach for $70. The closest hobby shop near me that sells B'mann LS items in Nicholas Smith, the owners prices are so low, in some cases you save $200. He sells a coach for I think $30. Nothing can beat the feel of a hobby shop. The trains running in the displays, the walls lined with products. Now thats a store!