Dear Bachmann: Duck the Great Western Engine - Improved!

Started by The Chaz Storm, January 07, 2011, 10:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillingsRR

Not a fan of Whiff. He is just odd.

A while ago on eBay I saw an LGB engine with a similar look to Duck! Only it was a 0-6-2 instead of an 0-6-0, but the back wheel is hidden. It would be easy to slap a face on it, if you are good at those things, add some green paint, and put on the number and finishing touches and boom. You have Duck. It won't be 100% accurate, like Bachmann's would be.......... ;), but it will hold you over.

TheJJ

Whiff is cool in my opinion. He has glasses and that cool faded?dirty green color.

BillingsRR

I don't like his personality. His look is a little strange too. Not a fan of garbage........

ThomasFan247

Quote from: JD417 on January 30, 2011, 04:39:46 PM
him, rosie, and whiff that would make my da... hmmm, YEAR!!! ;D ;D

because im having a huge issue with rosie i cant seem to get the front right on my custom model, and whiff i cant seem to find a proper chassie to work with  :-\

For Whiff's chassis, I'd suggest using Emily's chassis and wheels by turning it around so that the wheel config is 2-2-4 instead of 4-2-2

TheJJ

JD417

@ThomasFan247 ive already thought of that but rember Whiff doesnt have any side rods, even if i take them off then i still have a screw hole going in a circle, so i was thinking about using a hornby emily, it might as well be used for somthing seeing how it looks nothing like it's tv counterpart

Lninging63

Excuse my asking but what does any of this Whiff-talk have to do with Duck? This thread is supposed to be about him, after all.

just saying.

I found that the current Bachmann Junior loco (the one that resembles a J94) has a cab and bunker shape that is very similar to Duck's in the TV series.. Do you think one might use that to make themselves a 'Bachmann' Duck? I could see that happening.

EDIT: Whoops. I was looking at a pic of a modified bachmann junior and not the actual thing. :S Still tho, the cab could be edited to appear like Duck's...

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Lninging63 on January 31, 2011, 01:15:28 PM
Excuse my asking but what does any of this Whiff-talk have to do with Duck? This thread is supposed to be about him, after all.

just saying.
Awhile back, a rumor popped around that Bachmann was developing Duck and Whiff as well as Donald and Douglas. This has yet to be confirmed though.

Quote from: Lninging63 on January 31, 2011, 01:15:28 PMI found that the current Bachmann Junior loco (the one that resembles a J94) has a cab and bunker shape that is very similar to Duck's in the TV series.. Do you think one might use that to make themselves a 'Bachmann' Duck? I could see that happening.

They seem pretty different.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: Sparks on January 31, 2011, 02:16:32 PM
Quote from: Lninging63 on January 31, 2011, 01:15:28 PM

just saying.
Awhile back, a rumor popped around that Bachmann was developing Duck and Whiff as well as Donald and Douglas. This has yet to be confirmed though.

Quote from: Lninging63 on January 31, 2011, 01:15:28 PMI found that the current Bachmann Junior loco (the one that resembles a J94) has a cab and bunker shape that is very similar to Duck's in the TV series.. Do you think one might use that to make themselves a 'Bachmann' Duck? I could see that happening.

They seem pretty different.

yeah, they are, but at least they got the chassis :P . I think Duck is still in the question though.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

TheJJ

I don't wanna sound negative but I doubt Duck will be released this year. :'(

TheJJ

MetaDude27

JD417

if not at least we still have the Hornby one, BUT i still want bachmann to do little ol Ducky  :'(

TheJJ

"Ducky"? LoL! I actaualy like Montaque. :P