I Need Some Opinions on my Layout Plans

Started by TheJJ, January 08, 2011, 09:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJJ

Oh thank you! (lol) I was looking through some old VHS's trying to find the name.

BillingsRR

When your done your layout, you should post some pictures, the layout sounds pretty awesome.
-BRR

TheJJ

Well now that I know how to put pictures I will. Remember its titled plans though. So at the speed I'm working its gonna take awhile. I will post pictures when I make some major improvements.

BillingsRR

TheJJ

Thanks. I will try to hurry up my process but not enough to ruin it. I want it to be a quality layout.

TheJJ

Thank you. I want to wow you all when I'm done.

Bluecoatscheesypoofs

First decide what KIND of track you wish to have. I reccomend Atlas true track but make sure you plan out what it is going to look like BEFORE you start buying track.
Hope this helps.
                    Matt

TheJJ

TheJJ

Well before I asked an opinion on which engine to purchase so that brings me to a new question. Since I have enough money for Bill and Ben or Spencer should I purchase the Bill and Ben, wait for D&D, or wait for the 2011 announcements?

jettrainfan

this is just me but I'd go for the old stuff before the new, but that's anthern where they make a model for 1-2 years. So I'd say Bill & Ben and you could save up again to buy D&D, the next lot, ETC when they come out  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

TheJJ

Well when you put it like that Bill and Ben sound like the best choice...so most likely I'll do that (wait).

TheJJ

Ok I had a great idea (my opinion)!!! I know many modelers want to make the skarloey engines well I know how.
Now this isn't accurate but I still think its great. I'm gonna get a "Gandy Dancer" and cut out the inside of a take-along model until its a shell and simply adjust to fit perfectly. Now it may take A LONG TIME to get my parents to order one but it will be worth it. I'm know it WON't be perfect but it should still give the general idea of a narrow gauge engine. Please list your thoughts.

BillingsRR

Never heard of anyone doing that, if you make it post pictures for sure!
-BRR