I Need Some Opinions on my Layout Plans

Started by TheJJ, January 08, 2011, 09:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettrainfan

That's a good idea, its not accurate but I think some people take the model railroading hobby too seriously. It will work fine with rusty. Happy kitbashing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

branmas

sounds like a good idea, but i'm not gonna do it because i'm not a fan of the narrow gauge railway

TheJJ

Well I am. ;D But I can say I don't like them past season 5. I'm gonna try it.

pjsdad

so far no one asked the obvious, but how much room do you have?
You really want to design the layout before running out and buying a bunch of stuff that might not fit. (And think it may not look right if you have a great shed setup on a small layout with no place to go.)

Also, assuming you have lots of room, consider working with cork roadbed and flex track. It looks better, is more satisfying, more cost effective, plus you have greater flexability not being stuck with the selection of curves/lengths available with snap track. 

TheJJ

I'm gonna get either 2 4x8's or 4 4x4's.

Anthony P2

2 4x8s is easier. i have 2 4x8s and i'm planning on getting a 4x4 for my tidmouth area

TheJJ

TheJJ

Well if you look back in the thread you will see I was going to try a project with a gandy dancer, well I got it today but have decided not to do it. Instead I also got some model paints and have decided to make myself as a tank engine. It is going to be a white, black, red, or silver engine I haven't decided yet. I'm asking what color you would like to see this turn out to be.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

TheJJ

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: JJ96 on January 22, 2011, 04:57:35 PM
Yeah I don't have blue.
woops sorry in that case black with red silver and white stripes

TheJJ

I actually had an idea. White with red stripes...sound good? (almost like Stanley with only a different shape.)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: JJ96 on January 22, 2011, 05:03:34 PM
I actually had an idea. White with red stripes...sound good? (almost like Stanley with only a different shape.)
cool I stick with my suggestion but he's or she's your engine so today the final choice is yours and the drop of shame will be taken by...

TheJJ

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS on January 22, 2011, 05:14:25 PM
cool I stick with my suggestion but he's or she's your engine so today the final choice is yours and the drop of shame will be taken by...
Drop of shame? It will be a he..# 96. I'm gonna give it a whiff face too. Cuz I have glasses too.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: JJ96 on January 22, 2011, 07:58:57 PM
Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS on January 22, 2011, 05:14:25 PM
Drop of shame? It will be a he..# 96. I'm gonna give it a whiff face too. Cuz I have glasses too.
I was reffering to total drama world tour one of my favourite shows