Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver for 2011!

Started by TheJJ, January 09, 2011, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJJ

Oliver the Great Western Engine

Summary:
  He is a well known and well liked from fans young and old. He is #11 and one of the originals from Thomas and Friends.
Oliver was introduced in the episode Escape but was made famous in Toad Stands By. (The episode where he destroyed S.C. Ruffey) He was saved from scrap by Douglas and was making waves ever since in the world of T&F. Known as "The Little Western" he has become close to or just as popular as the other Great Western Duck.

Reasons for Production:
  Oliver was saved by Douglas (as mentioned before) but since Donald AND Douglas are being made people will want to buy this trio.
They would also increase the number of SC Ruffey's sold too because they will want that combo.
Oliver is only a 0-4-2 and will be easier to model rather than another tender engine like Hank.
Since he is so well liked many people will buy him to add to the collection.
Since we have skipped #8 to go on to 9 and 10 I say why not try for 8 and make 11 as well.

Episodes:
   He has been featured in multiple episodes such as Gordon take a shortcut but starred in more of his own.
He has been in Oliver's Find, Toad Stands By, Escape, Busy Going Backwards and many more timeless tales

These are only the important reasons why Oliver should be made.
Tell me what you think of my best review so far. (that is only my opinion)
I would like to also thank Chaz and Sparks for the help.

DinoNTrains

I agree with this! Oliver would be great.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

fighter4luv

Great post. All Bachmann can do now though, is suggest to HiT to make a HO Scale model of him... It's all up to them after all, or I'm sure Bachmann would've been giving us all the engines 1 by 1 all this time. I wish this luck!

TheJJ

I really tried and yes Oliver should be made.

TheJJ

IF it were up to Bachmann alone then of course they would...but they work in conjunction with HiT.

shining time

so do i oliver and duck should be made
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

TheJJ

They should be made! If only we had a petition or something.

BillingsRR

Quote from: JJ96 on January 09, 2011, 05:01:18 PM

A year and a few months ago someone did make a petition when they were trying to get the Scots. Someone on youtube linked it all over his channel and I signed off on it. You can make a petition, on a blog or something. I'm not sure how he did it, but it may have helped the Scots be created.
-BRR

fighter4luv

Quote from: JJ96 on January 09, 2011, 05:01:18 PM
While you sign the PETITION in my signature to bring the classic theme music to CD (or digital download), you can create your own.
http://www.petitiononline.com/

TheJJ

oh wow well as much as I want to I think someone a little older than I make the petition because (without giving away my age) I don't want to get to involved.

fighter4luv

Quote from: JJ96 on January 09, 2011, 05:10:36 PM
oh wow well as much as I want to I think someone a little older than I make the petition because (without giving away my age) I don't want to get to involved.
Fair enough... am I right to assume the "96" in your user-name means more than just a random number? lol :P

TheJJ

Maybe lol. Yeah its my lucky # and my cousin's football #. Well maybe I'm close to JD417 in the age department.

TheJJ

Don't mind my double post but which color do you like better? The original or the snow picture's color. I like the 2nd picture better but if made it should be original at least his face was always the same not like the narrow gauge. (Sir Handel and Peter Sam)

BillingsRR

Quote from: JJ96 on January 09, 2011, 05:27:41 PM
Don't mind my double post but which color do you like better? The original or the snow picture's color. I like the 2nd picture better but if made it should be original.

the color in the 2nd picture is too bright, the color in the 1st picture is the exact color of Oliver.

TheJJ

Yeah that would be the best color.