Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver for 2011!

Started by TheJJ, January 09, 2011, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therailwayinspector

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on January 11, 2011, 10:37:31 AM
no were not late i sent the bachmann D&D petition on jan 14 last year

That's way too late really. Bachmann I'm certain decide their years releases well in advance, so they can check costings, toolings and begin pre-production sample manufacturing. A duck and Oliver petition for now would most likely have an effect on next or the year after's releases.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

donaldthescotishtwin

well the petition worked last year it might again this year

therailwayinspector

Luck more than anything, but it may have helped them decide to announce the twins there and then...
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Richie

No, it didn't. The way I (and many others) see it, your petition was a pure coincidence.  ::) Plus, this petition this year will make no use: they've probably known what they're releasing this year since about August 2010!  :P You don't think they'll change their mind because of one person's YouTube video, do you? One of their models, at least, is probably in production now. Remember how we saw Bill and Ben straight away, pretty much?

*Sigh*

If Duck and Oliver are made, it's coincidence. Your video has no influence this year, dude...
Join my Thomas and modelling forums at http://modelsofsodor.proboards.com/index.cgi/ Please, we only have 3 members!

donaldthescotishtwin

i dont care what you think end of also the petition is for JJ96 now go

Richie

Join my Thomas and modelling forums at http://modelsofsodor.proboards.com/index.cgi/ Please, we only have 3 members!

thomasj219

Which was little more than a month before the announcements. The petition which had less that 20 Signatures did nothing to get them announced, BACHMANN knows what is being announced way before announcements why do you think we had pictures of Bill and Ben mere weeks after the announcements last year. Seriously you guys need a reality check, they will make whats in demand and what HiT tells them to, what may be smart is making a petition for the 2012 range NOW not a month before those announcements too and not a petition the range that is gonna be announced in 5 weeks. :P

Guys i'm sorry to sound rude but get it through your heads, they choose we don't we can tell them what we want by posting it in forums and such, but a petition this close wont do anything.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TheJJ

As mush as I hate to agree he is probably right.

donaldthescotishtwin

the main thing is last year we got donald and douglas  the petition is just a last attempt as i said i honestly dont care about this years range last year i did and we did get what everyone hoped also less than 20 sigs? it had over 40

TheJJ

Thanks for the petition though.

BOCOfan88

oliver an duck are engins that i grew up with in the 90's when thomas was a good show an im 22 now an it kills me to see what thomas has become if i had a child i wouldnt let him watch it. so we need oliver an duck not hank or harvy that wernt even made up by the Rev. W. Awdry. who brought thomas to life his characters should come frist.

TheJJ

Agreed. I don't have kids yet (keyword yet and the 96 means something) but when I babysit my three year old cousins I brought a different VHS every time, then one day he saw it on TV and wanted to see more like that. I was crushed, his first CGI was Gordon Takes a Shortcut so he likes Duck and Oliver. I also read him stories from this book...

Oliver!

TobyTheTram16

Oliver with scruffy set pack hmmmm  ::)

TheJJ

Oliver, S.C. Ruffey, and Toad. That would be a set. See now that would be smart if they made them ONLY in sets because who ever would want the engine would need to buy the whole set.