News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver for 2011!

Started by TheJJ, January 09, 2011, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillingsRR

Your set is good, but they haven't made a tanker with a face yet, maybe a possible candidate for truck 4 or 5............

But yet again they don't make Oliver or Toad ethier. But since they made a van, well cattle car, with a face I guess the troublesome tanker, as I named it, would be good as truck  4/5.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: BillingsRR on January 24, 2011, 08:09:34 PM
Your set is good, but they haven't made a tanker with a face yet, maybe a possible candidate for truck 4 or 5............

But yet again they don't make Oliver or Toad ethier. But since they made a van, well cattle car, with a face I guess the troublesome tanker, as I named it, would be good as truck  4/5.
that was a spin off idea too but I forgot about it and I was sayin if there was a set that was my idea for it + look at the episode there is a troublesome tanker so yeah + it could be exclusive to the set

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: SodorAdventures on January 24, 2011, 03:13:53 PM
Quote from: Sparks on January 24, 2011, 10:24:30 AM
The Hornby Duck is a bad model; it uses a tooling that dates to the 1970s.

Yeah, I can tell you that. I have him ::) ;)
sorry for double post but we must refrain from critisizing them further as they can't respond it says so in the forum code of conduct so yeah ;)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS on January 25, 2011, 01:13:12 AM

sorry for double post but we must refrain from critisizing them further as they can't respond it says so in the forum code of conduct so yeah ;)
We had a discussion about this awhile ago. Hornby doesn't really care much for our minority of opinions, and they still get a majority control of the UK market, so I'd say it's fair game. Besides, different opinions and choosing one company over another based on which product is better encourages a Free Market and competition. I hope it ends up encouraging Hornby to improve their older products (which their products like Stepney and Oliver are stunning in quality for Thomas models, in a good way!). ;)

TheJJ

Their Pecry isn't the worst either.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: JJ96 on January 25, 2011, 09:26:57 PM
I'll agree. The body has a unique tooling that I think has a nice appeal to it.

fighter4luv

Quote from: Sparks on January 25, 2011, 09:34:22 PM
They're just too much like the original RW series ones, rather than the TV show. Though some of the faces are excellently crafted.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: fighter4luv on January 26, 2011, 12:23:39 AM
Quote from: Sparks on January 25, 2011, 09:34:22 PM
They're just too much like the original RW series ones, rather than the TV show. Though some of the faces are excellently crafted.
Which is the goal of their models. It brings them some individuality, like what ERTL did.

PasqualeCS96

If you ask me the worst hornby models are ( I dont havea any so correct me if Im wrong) Henry, Gordon, Thomas, James, Edward, and Emily.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 26, 2011, 04:55:43 PM
If you ask me the worst hornby models are ( I dont havea any so correct me if Im wrong) Henry, Gordon, Thomas, James, Edward, and Emily.
James gordon and henry are good models but I agree with the rest I only have james but I have a flying scotsman bassically gordon is there flying scotsman with james's tender (just minus the loco drive)and with new paint (of course)

SodorAdventures

I always had a liking to Hornby Edward, and as Sparks said, Hornby Stepney and Oliver are stunning models! Detail is excellent on them!

I also like hornby Thomas, (as you know) he is closer to the RWS
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

TheJJ

Well I'm still I die-heart Bachmann customer. :P

DinoNTrains

Re: JJ96

That's cool. Bachmann does a great job with their models.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Sparks on January 25, 2011, 09:23:30 PM

We had a discussion about this awhile ago. Hornby doesn't really care much for our minority of opinions, and they still get a majority control of the UK market, so I'd say it's fair game. Besides, different opinions and choosing one company over another based on which product is better encourages a Free Market and competition. I hope it ends up encouraging Hornby to improve their older products (which their products like Stepney and Oliver are stunning in quality for Thomas models, in a good way!). ;)
but we shouldent do it cause its in the code of conduct case closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS on January 27, 2011, 07:50:48 PM
Quote from: Sparks on January 25, 2011, 09:23:30 PM

but we shouldent do it cause its in the code of conduct case closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
Did you read my post?