News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver for 2011!

Started by TheJJ, January 09, 2011, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoNTrains

Of all seasons of the New Series, Season 8 is my favorite because I feels like it has more ties to the Classic Series (mostly using stock footage) and in one commercial I saw for a video/DVD of "Thomas' Sodor Celebration", they played the classic Thomas theme  :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

fighter4luv

Nothing was the same after season 2. My favourite 2 seasons will always be those. I liked how accidents were taken more seriously in the first 2 seasons... it actually made me feel a lot of emotion towards the engines. Not so much any more...

Guess they didn't want kids crying or feeling depressed any more... so accidents were turned into a joke.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: fighter4luv on January 29, 2011, 10:57:22 PM
Nothing was the same after season 2. My favourite 2 seasons will always be those. I liked how accidents were taken more seriously in the first 2 seasons... it actually made me feel a lot of emotion towards the engines. Not so much any more...

Guess they didn't want kids crying or feeling depressed any more... so accidents were turned into a joke.
After Season 2, the show had a new producer as Robert Cardona had left to do his own work (including TUGS). This is probably a likely explanation as to why the atmosphere changed.

BillingsRR

I heard about that. Some may say that the change in producer doesn't matter, but the producer has almost an equal amount of say in what goes on as the director.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on January 30, 2011, 12:33:03 AM
I heard about that. Some may say that the change in producer doesn't matter, but the producer has almost an equal amount of say in what goes on as the director.
I was more implying that it was probably Cardona who influenced the darker atmosphere into the series.

BillingsRR

Well what I said goes both ways. If one producer liked it more dark and then he leaves and the new producer likes it more silly that is how it will stay. The producers actually do more for a show than the average person thinks.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on January 30, 2011, 12:36:30 AM
Well what I said goes both ways. If one producer liked it more dark and then he leaves and the new producer likes it more silly that is how it will stay. The producers actually do more for a show than the average person thinks.
I thought that it was common knowledge that the producers have a large portion of control. :P

BillingsRR

Well, depends on who you ask. Most of the people I know believe the director does all the work and the producers just get paid for doing nothing.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

my personal fav seasons 1 2 and 5

DinoNTrains

Back to the subject of Oliver, he has appeared in Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 (through cameos), 7, and 12.

MetaDude27

You'd think after a 5 season break, Gordon's conversation with Oliver in "Shortcut" would've been more like this:

Gordon: Dude, where have you been for the past five years?!

Oliver: Oh, Toad and I have just been chilling out on this siding.

Gordon:  :o!!!

LOL

Lninging63

Quote from: MetaDude27 on January 31, 2011, 01:16:00 PM
You'd think after a 5 season break, Gordon's conversation with Oliver in "Shortcut" would've been more like this:

Gordon:  :o!!!

LOL

That reminds me- there's been all this talk about Oliver but none about Toad. I mean surely if you want the engine the brakevan will be sure to follow right?

MetaDude27

Yeah, I think the wanting of Toad's release is supposed to be implied with the wanting of Oliver's.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: MetaDude27 on January 31, 2011, 01:16:00 PM

Gordon:  :o!!!

LOL
LOL nice one metadude 27 :P

DinoNTrains

Quote from: MetaDude27 on January 31, 2011, 01:23:01 PM
Yeah, I think the wanting of Toad's release is supposed to be implied with the wanting of Oliver's.

I agree. Like Thomas and Toby with their respective coaches, you can't imagine one without the other.