News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Started by Matt, January 01, 2011, 05:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hello. I own a variety of Williams and WBB Diesels and I must say I love every one of them. No problems whatsoever and when my 3 year old grandson comes to visit, they run almost non stop for 3 hours at a time.

Looking forward to getting the KCS SD90 and NS Executive units..

Matt

Cobrabob8

I agree. All of my WBB dual motored diesels run like champs! Love them!!!! ;)
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

GTBob

Hi Matt and welcome aboard.  I know what you're talking about when you mention your grandson.  Funny how toy trains attract grandchildren AND their grandfathers.

Cheers,

GTBob
"If a man does his best, what else is there!"--General George S. Patton Jr.

DominicMazoch

Actually, the "grand" relationship has been used by Lionel in some of ts ads ad catalogs!

phillyreading

I have several Williams diesel engines as well and like them better than brand L. With Williams so far it has been mainly operator issues, like having an engine on the track and having the transformer turned up near full when plugging into the wall outlet.

Lee F.

Joe Satnik

Matt,

Welcome.

Lee,

Wings and a parachute.

Joe
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

phillyreading

Joe,

Thanks, but I don't need a parchute anymore as I now have a master control switch that I turn off all power with and remember to set the controls to off. :)
One half flying GP-9 was enough!

Lee F.

Cobrabob8

Lee,
Same here, I have a switch for the transformer's power outlet on my wall. When I leave my Train Room I turn off the lights and I also throw the switch below it which powers my transformers.
Cobrabob.

phillyreading

Cobrabob,

I may have you beat, as I always pull the plug on my power supply unit that was originally a computer battery back-up unit with surge protection built-in.
Got it from a comp geek, I used to know, who was updating his comp sysytem with newer equipment.
The reason I pull the plug is that I am on Florida Power and Light, aka=Flickering Powerless & Lightless!

Lee F.

Cobrabob8

LEE, CLASSIC!!! ;D,
Cobrabob