off topic post - Just for today

Started by SteamGene, June 14, 2007, 05:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

For the U.S. citizens, today is Flag Day and the birthday of the United States Army. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Stephen Warrington

Hi Gene,

Got Old Glory flying high today in this 100+ degree heat here in Mississippi, but I fly the flag every day its not raining or snowing or high winds. I got 3 flag poles to fly all 3 proper flags Old Glory on the middle and the State flag of MS and the Confederate First National on the 3rd pole.

Stephen

nhmanhere59

I too fly the flag every day,weather permitting,and in Southern California,that is nearly every day.

SteamGene

Stephen, I hope your center pole is a smidge higher than the other two!   ;D  Now, how many recognize the First National?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Bojangle

Gene:
Bless you for the post.  I'm proud to be a veteran of the US Army.
God Bless America.
Bo

Stephen Warrington

;) Hi Gene,

The middle pole is a 40'  footer and the other two are 20 footers.Every now and then I have to leave the middle one bare when I hang out the English Naval Jack and Old Glory on the same day like the annv for Traflagar (sp) Lord Nelsons victory over the Spanish and French. I also fly the German Naval  Jack one day a year at half staff in the memory of two great cousins who died onboard the Battleship BISMARCK that fateful day in May 1941 they joined the Navy to escape the German Army and Hitler but still lost their lives.

Stephen

PS most people around here knows what the first national looks like ;D

Terry Toenges

Mine flies 24-7, lighted at night - "...unfurled to every breeze..."
A constant reminder of our troops in harm's way 24 hours a day.
Feel like a Mogul.

Dusten Barefoot

It's a little late. but God bless the United States of America, and may God be with our troops during battel.
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

br549

I would have Proudly flown Old Glory,  but unfortunately it was raining .  :(

kevin2083

Quote from: Stephen Warrington on June 14, 2007, 06:27:00 PM
Hi Gene,

Got Old Glory flying high today in this 100+ degree heat here in Mississippi, but I fly the flag every day its not raining or snowing or high winds. I got 3 flag poles to fly all 3 proper flags Old Glory on the middle and the State flag of MS and the Confederate First National on the 3rd pole.

Stephen
how often does it snow in Mississippi?
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||