'Trains and Locomotives' TV program

Started by seaisleRR, January 11, 2011, 01:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaisleRR

Anybody out there watch the tv show on RFDTV called 'Trains and Locomotives'? (satellite only I think) For those interested, but haven't
discovered it yet, it's on Dish Network channel 231. I found it about 2 years ago by accident. It's mainly responsible for my new found
love of steam locos and the era in general. MAN O MAN! Now, I still love the growling of a diesel hauling down the rails, but....
They do mostly shows on steam locos, with a few here and there on diesel. And I must admit that I'm still a bit new to all the nuances
and variations of steam locos, but I'm learning more and more. And, it sure is interesting & amazing to see the shows like the one a couple
weeks ago about a full restoration of Santa Fe 3415, a 4-6-2 Pacific. Or the ones that told the history of the Nickel Plate Road or of
the Grand Trunk Western... SP Daylight ...on and on, to name just a few. I know that I'm preaching to the choir when it comes to you
folks who have been at this for a while.  ...Or a LONG while, and know your stuff - model RR and the REAL thing to boot. Bear with me.
I am pretty new to the more in depth topics. It's all so FUN, challenging and I like it all. Model RR - BIG ones - ALL ABOARD!!!

Steve Jordan

WTierce1

I watch it. Something eles is that they show I Love Toy Trains at 4:00pm on thursday but not always but most of the time.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

rrmchone

i watch that show every week   i just recently saw the one about the pennsylvania k4   that was very interesting and the one about the 844 and daylight running to sacremento

seaisleRR

Yeah, I saw that one too. That SP Daylight is one GORGEOUS locomotive! The whole train for that matter.
I do also watch I Love Toy Trains too. Not TOO too interested in the Lionel stuff. Did any of you guys see the, I think,
2 shows on the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago? I really want to get up there one day and see that layout.

RGC

Thanks for the heads up. My cable company has this channel so my son and I will have to take a look at the 2 shows.