News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Connecting DC controller to DCC controller

Started by Scott823, January 12, 2011, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott823

Hello,

I bought a Bachmann DCC set and a DC set to expand. Can the 2 controllers be linked together or both be plugged into separate terminal tracks to add more power to the rails?

daxdog

I did the same thing. You can plug the DC controller into the DCC controller giving you the ability to control a DC train with one controller and your DCC trains with the other.  I have not tried pluggin them into two separate terminals.

Scott823

Quote from: daxdog on January 12, 2011, 09:32:05 AM
I did the same thing. You can plug the DC controller into the DCC controller giving you the ability to control a DC train with one controller and your DCC trains with the other.  I have not tried pluggin them into two separate terminals.

Where can I get the connector?

ACY

You can connect the DC controller into the E-Z Command DCC system, but it will not provide extra power it just frees button 10 for an extra DCC loco. The cable comes with all new E-Z Command DCC Systems. If you need/want more power you will need to buy a DCC power booster, but that costs about $200 actual retail.

RGC

Do not plug the DC controller into any place on your track if you have DCC also run to it. The DC controller can only be plugged into the DCC EZ command unit.