News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman ez Track

Started by Sandersonvt, January 09, 2011, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandersonvt

I was wondering if the ez track is compatible with a Span arch bridge ( by Life like ) I dont want to order the bridge only to find out the ez track is to wide or too big. Any thoughts?

trainman1248

now if i'm wrong don't get mad at me but,

if its to big you can trim the roadbed to fit in to the bridge just take a little at a time until if fits.

Pacific Northern

Does the bridge have its own track? Most bridges I have seen come with the track in place. If that is the case you will need to cut the plastic connectors of the EZ track.

You will also need  some metal track connector pieces for joining the track. I assume if you are thinking of a bridge then your track is elevated? If it is, you will be looking for some piers for the bridge as well.
Pacific Northern

trainman1248

ok i agree with the first part i don't have bridges but i have done some things with elevation and you can support your bridge on the edges so underneath will be open so you can run another track under the bridge

railsider

Track on trestles and bridges does not have ballast, which is an integral part of EZ track and its look-alikes. But, as explained here, you can modify the ends of EZ track sections so they connect to the ends of a bridge with track either already in place or placed there by you, using standard Atlas or whatever brand you like.

Railsider

Doneldon

rs-

Actually, many bridges do have ballasted track. I believe that was
more common in earlier days but i have seen ballasted bridges within
the past few months so at least some do still exist.
                                                                        -- D

jward

ballasted deck bridges are relatively common. i believe they are required when a bridge over a new highway is constructed, so that objects don't fall off passing trains into traffic below. i do know that there are many ballasted deck bridges here in western pennsylvania. certain railroads, like the pennsylvania, used ballast deck construction for most of their underpasses and bridges. ballasted deck bridgees are more exxpensive to construct, but easier to maintain the track on. in a model setting, they'd be easy to model with ez track. if the roadbed is too wide to fit, trim the sides of the roadbed away on both sides, until it fits. the trick would be to get the track centered on the bridge so that cars won't sideswipe it while passing through.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

railsider

I believe you are correct when it comes to heavy concrete bridges, and possibly even solid plate bridges. I was thinking of open-work trestles, where there is really no "base" on which to lay down ballast.

Railsider