News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

More Mogul Moments...

Started by Anubis, January 13, 2011, 10:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anubis

Hello all,

I am currently making a few personal and local modifications to a Bachmann Rogers 2-6-0 Mogul.

I have removed the rear cab wall, so the innards can be seen, and if the proportions are correct, it is only 1' 6" from the edge of firebox to the cab wall, and 5' 3" from the elevated floor to the top of the cab window. (They must have been crewed by Leprechauns.... ;D)

I have a few 'smaller' O scale figures, and I will eventually choose one to suit, but has anyone any information on these Rogers cabs? The firebox appears to be HUGE in relation to the size of the cab.

If anyone has any photographs that they can post, I would really like to see them. All the pix on the net that I can find show only the front and side exteriors of the locos, of course.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

Dusten Barefoot

I replaced the cab with the OF 2-8-0's cab. It looks great!, but I'm not sure if that is the look you are going for, but here's my engine to show you how it looks.

Ok here is a link to the pictures.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,14281.0.html

Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ebtnut

A lot of locos built in that time period had "deckless cabs".  In order to get the maximum boiler within a short wheelbase (often dicated by tight curves or short turntables) the firebox extended almost all the way through the cab.  The crew got into the cab via the doors on either side.  The "large" door space was essentially to allow the fireman to stand on the tender deck and shovel coal, and have access to the appliances such as water guages, that he needed. 

Anubis

Hi Dusten and ebtnut,

Great job, Dusten - your 2-8-0 replacement cab looks good!  At least the driver would have some elbow-room in there..... ::)

Thanks for the info ebtnut - that clarifies things a little more.  At least I can now see the reason that Bachmann opted to close in the rear of the cab originally..... :)

Many thanks.

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession