News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

elephant ears

Started by thoepf, January 15, 2011, 09:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thoepf

Hi everybody!  Just wondering if anyone knows if bachman or someone else makes a pair of elephant ears to fit the Bachman Northern 4-8-4 from the Overland train set?  Thanks for any info you might provide.  bfife

ACY

Bachmann does not make them, check walthers for other possibilities.

jbsmith

this is close to what you are asking for,,the Overland Loco is a Niagara sans elephant ears,,at least the one i have is.

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_68_216&products_id=1606

chas

Hi,
     I have a 4=8=4 Bachmann from a overland set that I made a set of elephant ears out of a scrap sides of a tender from a Tyco loco. I simply looked at it and cut it with a dremel to the size painted it and glued it in place and it looks great.

r0bert

It depends on which loco you have,
the current set, as stated above is a NYC Niagra with vandy tender in UP paint, and you may be able to get a set from Bachmann's Parts Dept.
The old set contained an ATSF Northern with the vandy tender, whick would require  custom made parts, or again Athearn makes the actual FEF model, and may have parts availabe that could be adapted.