News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WALTHERS TURNTABLE 933-2613 IS DCC BETTER?

Started by darticus, January 15, 2011, 04:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darticus

Just purchased the Walthers 130 foot turntable (not the DCC one) and found you need 2 inches below the turntable to install it. Is this true as I think it the same as the DCC one? Anyone install one yet. Nothing says this on the package or in the walthers catalog. Found it printed on the instruction sheet in the sealed box and don't want to cut the plastic packageing on the turntable to see the reason for the depth. Tough when you installing on a door. Any suggestions! Just thought I would ask as many here have installed this already. What is the advantage of the DCC turntable? Thanks Ron

Franz T

It needs the depth for the drive, the DCC  one is no different. I do believe that the Atlas turntable would work on a hollow door layout as it is powered by a hand crank on the surface of the TT (which can be replaced with an electric motor disguised as a metal shop building)....

darticus

Thanks , I bought this and than relized the DCC was being made and didn't know if the DCC had any advantages other than it running under a address like a loco. Ron

Quote from: Franz T on January 15, 2011, 05:51:13 PM
It needs the depth for the drive, the DCC  one is no different. I do believe that the Atlas turntable would work on a hollow door layout as it is powered by a hand crank on the surface of the TT (which can be replaced with an electric motor disguised as a metal shop building)....

skipgear

You can hook up a stationary decoder to the one you have and end up with the same result. It was done just to simplify things and revitalize the product for a new run.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

darticus

Thanks for that info. Ron

Quote from: skipgear on January 16, 2011, 03:51:38 PM
You can hook up a stationary decoder to the one you have and end up with the same result. It was done just to simplify things and revitalize the product for a new run.