News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CLIMAX AND SHAY DRIVES

Started by 2foot6, January 15, 2011, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2foot6

Hi all,I,m trying to replace faulty drives for the climax and cracked gears for the shay.I have emailed the spare parts dept of bachmann but have had no reply,Ive also noticed they don,t send to Australia,and the Australian  distributor the last time I asked was not interested.So the question is how do i repair 6 faulty locos that sit in the yard, doing nothing and going nowhere.Can anyone help  regards Peter.A >:(

ChrisS

Peter, will they ship
To someone else in the states? And that person could ship them to you?

mabloodhound

A phone call to the parts department seems to get a better response.
And having them shipped to a friend in the states and then to you seems like a good option.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

RGS Goose

Hi Guys,
I have had problems with a few Bachmann On30 locos I have purchased from the USA over the last couple of years, and have needed parts to get them right, including a new drive line for a Shay.
I have contacted Bachmann's service dept. by phone on at least one occasion, and by E-Mail at other times, and I have had no major problems getting the parts supplied, and shipped to Australia.
Some time back I had the normal problems with the drive train in a Rail Truck and Bachmann USA had no more gears to supply at that time, but they directed me to Bachmann UK where I was able to get enough bits to make it work again (after having to ring their service dept. to stir them into action to actually do something about shipping the parts they had already quoted on).
Having fitted those parts to the Rail Truck it still didn't run smoothly, so I did a major rebuild on it and fitted a Portescap drive unit to it with a Soundtraxx Galloping Goose sound decoder.
I now have a Rail Truck that runs like a Swiss watch, and sounds great as well.
I believe if you approach Bachmann's Service Dept. in the right manner they will do what they can to help you.

RGS Goose