registering your new train set

Started by gandy dancer#1, January 18, 2011, 12:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gandy dancer#1

HI: was wondering why you cant go online to bachman and register your new train set they put this little card in box you mail and we all know what happens in the mail ;) they mysteiously get lost and your trainnever gets registered for any warranty work. any ideas on this??
M.R.BURNS

Doneldon

gd#1-

I've never had such a problem. If anything, Bachmann
bends over backwards to service their products.

-- D

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: ACY on January 18, 2011, 12:05:06 AM
You can send it certified, or registered mail or get delivery confirmation to ensure it gets there.

Or simply put the card in an envelope and send it regular first-class mail.

TMurry14

I am a newbie..and saw this post.  Where do we get the card to send in to register our trains?

Jim Banner

TMurry14,

It normally comes in the box with a train set or a locomotive.  Sometimes it is hidden under the packing.  It is usually mixed in with the manual, advertising, and other things that people don't bother to read.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

atari

I'd like to chime in favoring an online registration option.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: atari on January 19, 2011, 08:32:06 AM
I'd like to chime in favoring an online registration option.

Certainly seems like a neat idea.  :)

TMurry14

Ok I will look and get that sent in! Thanks

RGC

I bought a "used" Bachmann diesel that came with the box and the warranty card so I could sent that in just like I could "fill" one out online. Every new boxed Bachmann train I purchased from people online came with the warranty cards, but I'm sure some of them are not authorized dealers. I'm sure Bachmann could come up with a way to deal with online registrations if they wanted to.   

WoundedBear

Myself, I never send in the warranty cards. It's a waste of postage in my case. I have all my Bills of Sale, so if something needs warranty, I photocopy the Bill of Sale and enclose that with the unit in question.

Never had troubles this way yet.

If you received an item as a gift, and have no receipt, then I would suggest you mail that card.

Sid

RGC

Quote from: ACY on January 19, 2011, 09:38:25 PM
Quote from: RGC on January 19, 2011, 09:10:09 PM
I bought a "used" Bachmann diesel that came with the box and the warranty card so I could sent that in just like I could "fill" one out online. Every new boxed Bachmann train I purchased from people online came with the warranty cards, but I'm sure some of them are not authorized dealers. I'm sure Bachmann could come up with a way to deal with online registrations if they wanted to.   
Although this may be true, sending them in and claiming them as under warranty is dishonest, why would Bachmann want to cause more work for them while making is easier for people to cheat the system. You also need a sales receipt from an authorized Bachmann dealer within one year of the date Bachmann revives the item, but somebody could probably make their own if they tried hard enough.
If you need a sales receipt for warranty work then online registration wouldn't make it any easier to cheat the system..you still need the receipt...it just cuts out the mailing in of the card...no receipt no warranty work.

RGC

If you need a dated receipt for warranty work why have the card in the first place ?

RGC

Quote from: ACY on January 19, 2011, 10:28:57 PM
Quote from: RGC on January 19, 2011, 10:26:55 PM
If you need a dated receipt for warranty work why have the card in the first place ?
It makes it easier for Bachmann to sort out and keep track of everything.

How ? if I need warranty work I need to send in a receipt dated within the last year..how does the card make that any easier ? seems easier to me to just require the receipt since if I don't have the receipt they don't need to honor the warranty anyways even if i did send in the card. The card is just extra work for both parties.

bobwrgt

In my 60+ years of working for Manufacturing Co. They use the Warranty Registration for Marketing Information. Like what is selling, Buy who, and who is buying. They also like to know what dealers are selling what.Very little of the information is used for warranty. An actual sales receipt or invoice is the proof of purchase.
With large purchases on equipment like cars it may also be used for liability or legal purposes.
In today's world it would be smarter, cheaper, and quicker to gather this information on line.
I have never had a company not provide warranty because i did not register something. I have had them ask for proof of purchase.
If they told you they didn't need the card them they would not get the marketing information they want.

Bob