Class J Norfolk & Western N Scale sound decoder install help

Started by darticus, February 08, 2011, 07:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darticus

I am gonna install a Tsunami 750 in the Class J Norfolk & Western N Scale. Does anyone remember if it has a plug for the decoder or a place in the tender to wire the decoder in. I really didn't want to do wiring in the loco. I rather it be in a tender. Also does any one know the smallest turn radius a N&W will do?

ACY

Bachmann's recommended minimum radius for this model is 19 inches.

skipgear

It will go just the same as your Heavy Mountain except you don't need to remove an existing decoder. There is also a spot in the tender for the speaker under the lightboard built into the tender floor. No plug in decoders in Bachmann N scale loco's.

As far as minimum radius, it will run on 11.25" R by its self fine. I would reccomend 12.5" R or more to pull a long load.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

darticus

Thanks for this info! Do you know the speaker diameter they want to use with this? Maybe 15mm?
The Heavy Mountain decoder install came out good. Would like more volume but its not a Y3. Thanks for your help! Maybe I should use the Tsunami 750 on the Articulated 2-6-6-2 1397 instead of the N&W. Ron

Quote from: skipgear on February 08, 2011, 09:57:42 PM
It will go just the same as your Heavy Mountain except you don't need to remove an existing decoder. There is also a spot in the tender for the speaker under the lightboard built into the tender floor. No plug in decoders in Bachmann N scale loco's.

As far as minimum radius, it will run on 11.25" R by its self fine. I would reccomend 12.5" R or more to pull a long load.