Scale GG1 new paint scheme

Started by davidone, January 19, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidone

I would like to see the scale GG1 in the 1976  conrail bicentennial scheme. Especially since it was always at 30th street station in Philadelphia. I know it is a bit gaudy but i really like it. Anybody else want to see this made?

Dave

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

davidone

Yes that is it, i saw it in 1976 in Philly. I know a couple of other mfgs have made it but theirs is just alittle bit too much for me besides i really like the WBB GG1's.

Dave

phillyreading

I have not seen that paint scheme before but I know the Pennsy used five stripe dark green or dark red five stripe paint schemes for their engines. If I am correct, there are five paint schemes from the Pennsy era of the GG-1's.
Also was Amtrac and Conrail and Penn Central(NYC and Pennsy joint venture).

Lee F.

r0gruth

That scheme was used by Conrail.Check the above photo.It was not PRR.I think Conrail and PC used several different schemes on the GG1.
Roger

phillyreading

The GG-1 was developed for the Pennsy near the late 1930's, I think if memory serves me correct on this, Robert Dewey designed the first GG-1 for the Pennsy RR. It, the GG-1, was in service for about 50 years before being retired, and was used by at least four differant railroads.

Lee F.

3rail

OK, who is spying on our catalog department?  ;)

We are making this paint scheme this year! 

I know the next question will be "When will it be delivered?".  We have not received our production schedule yet, but will update the delivery date when we have that information.

Regards,

3rail

phillyreading

3rail,

Are you saying that the GG-1 in bicentenial colors is going to be made?

How about a GG-1 in Amtrak colors for the Northeast Corridor?

Lee F.

davidone

Quote from: 3rail on January 22, 2011, 12:35:21 PM
OK, who is spying on our catalog department?  ;)

We are making this paint scheme this year! 

I know the next question will be "When will it be delivered?".  We have not received our production schedule yet, but will update the delivery date when we have that information.

Regards,

3rail

All right, you just made my day, thanks WBB.  I knew i loved that Bicentennial scheme.

Thanks again, Dave

dave van

How about a GG-1 in Amtrak colors for the Northeast Corridor?

I have a Williams (not WBB)  scale GG-1 with that scheme....so it was made at one time.

Garfield

Will it be available in the traditional size also or just scale?

3rail

Garfield,

Just the Scale version at this time.

Regards,

3rail

dtpowell

What hideously wonderful icon of the nineteen seventies. I don't know if anyone has ever offered a GG-1 this paint scheme. AHM maybe? (Whoops! should have read closer. Thanks dave van.)Bravo Bachmann for producing it! ;D