STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 08:15:28 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Help on converting manual switch to electric activated
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help on converting manual switch to electric activated  (Read 875 times)
MattK

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2011, 09:14:47 PM »

I am new to all this, bought some EZ track add on sets for the grandkids at Christmas, and have four "manual" switches.  I would like to make them electrically driven, is there an add on or part that I can purchase to accomplish this?  Couldn't find it in the catalog which is hard to read on line.
ACY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:19:42 PM »

I am new to all this, bought some EZ track add on sets for the grandkids at Christmas, and have four "manual" switches.  I would like to make them electrically driven, is there an add on or part that I can purchase to accomplish this?  Couldn't find it in the catalog which is hard to read on line.
No the only way to obtain the Bachmann switch motor it is from purchasing a powered turnout, so as long as you are doing that, you may as well replace them and sell the manual ones at a trian show, or on craigslist or ebay. You may be able to add a motor from another manufacturer that is sold separately, but that would involve some tinkering and work, and it would be easier just to buy new ones.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: