News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Edward's Wheels

Started by PasqualeCS96, January 04, 2011, 05:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasqualeCS96

My Bachmann Edward's front wheel sometimes does not spin as it goes and I dont know why, any suggestions?

RGC

Have you tried a little oil on the axles ?

SodorAdventures

Quote from: RGC on January 04, 2011, 07:46:43 PM
Have you tried a little oil on the axles ?
Try that, but highly unlikely. Check for a frayed wire. Is this the front Driving wheel?
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

PerfectPercy

Figured he meant the actual front wheel. Sometimes that may happen, or at least I would suspect. Without weight the wheel might just glide over the rails and have little to no movement at all. On curves this may happen too. If it is a drive wheel(s), then you have an electrical problem.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: PerfectPercy on January 04, 2011, 10:08:59 PM
Figured he meant the actual front wheel. Sometimes that may happen, or at least I would suspect. Without weight the wheel might just glide over the rails and have little to no movement at all. On curves this may happen too. If it is a drive wheel(s), then you have an electrical problem.

Exactly. My edward wheel (front non driving) doesnt turn ONCE IN AWHILE.

PasqualeCS96

Its not the back two wheels its the FRONT wheel.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 05, 2011, 02:59:13 PM

Oh, wheel(lol), in that case, then try lube, and if that doesn't work, then , well, if it can still move, then it shouldn't be too much a big deal....

PasqualeCS96

What is lube? And I was thinking maybe trying lead because in the days of me in boy scouts (I hated it) I sed lead on my pinewood derby cars.

Anthony P2

lube is short for lubrication

PerfectPercy

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 05, 2011, 02:59:13 PM

Do you mean bogie, or drive wheel? You are still lacking the needed information. I would suggest lubrication/lube for this if it is a non-powered bogie. If it is a powered drive-wheel, then you may have an electrical problem. Don't know what to specifically do with that one as there could be anything that created the electrical issue, but I wish you the best of luck.

PasqualeCS96

Its a boogie truck sorry for not saying.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 06, 2011, 03:10:56 PM
Its a boogie truck sorry for not saying.

Then lubrication is quite possibly your answer. I would suggest applicating it on the axle of your troubled bogie.

I also ask this, you say it sometimes doesn't spin. Is this only in certain conditions (Ex. curves or straightaways, hills, over switches/turnouts)? I would think that it could happen over curves regardless just because of the tension of the bogie being forced to move as the engine curves.

Hope your problem is resolved soon,

PerfectPercy

PasqualeCS96

It does it everywhere on the layout, sometimes it does spin sometimes it doesnt I dont know why.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

i have that problem too exept its the second non driving wheel I also have that problem on my hornby flying scotsman