News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dynamis

Started by samiboy29, January 26, 2011, 09:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samiboy29

Hi i just bought my dynamis and i have E-Z Track . How could i use dynamis to switches tracks. I try to hook up switches to dyyamis and it don't work. Please help.

Joe323

Do you have Regular EZ track Switches or DCC switches?  If you have regular switches leave them wired to the AC terminals of your old analog power pack.  They cannot be programmed for DCC

If you have DCC switches you can set up addresses for the stationary decorders in the switch.  Perhaps someone here can elaborate further, as I still use analog switching.

samiboy29

Thank you. I will try to find a DCC switches.

samiboy29

Quote from: Joe323 on January 26, 2011, 10:25:32 AM
Do you have Regular EZ track Switches or DCC switches?  If you have regular switches leave them wired to the AC terminals of your old analog power pack.  They cannot be programmed for DCC

If you have DCC switches you can set up addresses for the stationary decorders in the switch.  Perhaps someone here can elaborate further, as I still use analog switching.
I have 4x8 table and i run about  3 or 4 trains at a time . Do i need a PRO BOX .

ACY

You do not need a Pro Box, but you may need a booster, and you'll surely need one if you are running sound locos.

Joe323

samiboy29

BACHMANN COMMAND DYNAMIS WIRELESS PRO BOX TRAIN

samiboy29

Quote from: ACY on January 26, 2011, 10:35:12 AM
You do not need a Pro Box, but you may need a booster, and you'll surely need one if you are running sound locos.
Booster is about $250 - $300.
To much money for me.

Joe323

thats sort of the whole problem with DCC turnouts.  They run about $40 each (for EZ track) vs around 8 to 12 for non DCC turnouts so if you have a layout of say 10 turnouts  you could be talking $300 difference easily plus if needed the booster adding say $200.  So far thats why I have left the rats net alone on my layout If it ain't broke don't fix it.

On the other hand I might buy DCC turnouts in the future.

jonathan

Samiboy,

First, and most important, thank you for sharing your great work with us.  I greatly appreciate anytime someone is willing to put themselves out there.

Second, this also shows that you can have a great deal of fun with a 4X8 layout.  You certainly have had some fun with lighting, sound and scenery.  Great stuff.

Those John Wayne commemorative cars are very cool.  I didn't catch your description (bad sound on my end).  Are they part of a larger scale collection?  O Scale or On30 perhaps?  They seemed really large compared to the rest of your rolling stock.  Not a comment, really, just curious.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Jonathan

samiboy29

Quote from: jonathan on January 26, 2011, 12:23:36 PM
Samiboy,

First, and most important, thank you for sharing your great work with us.  I greatly appreciate anytime someone is willing to put themselves out there.

Second, this also shows that you can have a great deal of fun with a 4X8 layout.  You certainly have had some fun with lighting, sound and scenery.  Great stuff.

Those John Wayne commemorative cars very cool.  I didn't catch your description (bad sound on my end).  Are they part of a larger scale collection?  O Scale or On30 perhaps?  They seemed really large compared to the rest of your rolling stock.  Not a comment, really, just curious.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Jonathan

Its a HO Scale and sorry about the other thing. :D