News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Proposed new paint scheme

Started by gmhtrains, January 26, 2011, 04:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmhtrains

Although the billboard reefers are colorful, I would like to see the On30 refrigerator car offered in the Railway Express Agency scheme, suitable for inclusion in either freight or passenger trains. Of course, I want the classic lettering and herald with Railway Express Agency spelled out on the red diamond on dark green car, rather than the later appearance with revised herald showing only REA initials on a brighter green carbody.

Gil Hulin
A fan of mail and express trains

Royce Wilson

How about having them lettered for some real narrow gauge railroads ,even if not accurate. Like maybe a might have been ET&WNC reefer or a DSP&P or some mid western narrow gauge and everyone's  favorite the Nevada California Oregon R.R.
Ah, and how about a Sumpter Valley...man that would look nice, and don't forget the Southern R.R. ran narrow gauge and the Central of Georgia had a narrow gauge line also.

Royce ;D

Royce Wilson

How about lettering a reefer for the Silverton R.R....wow!

Royce

jim margerum

We never did get a Colorado & Southern reefer, either. I know that it's the wrong car, but who cares! The C&S loco got this show on the road. We've had standard gauge logos and beer cars that never were; why not the C&S? Thanks, Jim

lvrr325

They do sell an undec you could paint and letter rather easily.  Not much to these cars.  Or just scratchbuild one - Evergreen car side, Bachmann frame and trucks, Grandt Line hardware -