News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How do ypu make a turnout work properly?

Started by jaywb, January 28, 2011, 03:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaywb

:-\ Am new to this and I am attempting to build N train setup for grandsons.  Trying to make track w/ L&R turnouts.  I have bought two new sets of turnouts and I cannot make them not work properly.   Engins stop at turnouts, when switched from large radus to short radius mostmes the train stops.  Is there a manuel available which would cover these problems since there are no instructions provided on the box.  Owner of shop where I bought all of the equipment said that when he had a problem with switches (which has been often) he found that he could not repair them and he just bought new ones.   These I have are all new and I still cannot make them work.   My grandsons and I would deeply appreciate HELP!

Franz T

What brand turnouts are you using?  If you are using E-Z Track, you will find that the turnouts are power routing, i.e. that the track which the switch is not pointing to (either straight or diverging) will not receive power, thus causing the train to stop. It is an easy fix: just add additional track feeders on your spur tracks or sidings....

James in FL

Hi jaywb,

Check the below thread link.
Bachmann N scale turnouts are power routing.
Tons of information already posted on this.
Try searching this forum using the words "turnouts" or "power routing"

Here's your quick answer:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,11953.0.html

Good Luck